The Government of Saudi Arabia and Pakistan has fixed some Terms and Conditions for work permit in Saudi which are to be followed strictly.
These are the minimum terms and conditions set by the Govt. of Pakistan.
01. Period of Contract: Minimum one year.
02. Probation Period: 90 days or as per the labor laws of the country.
03. Daily Working Hours: 8 hours per day, maximum 12 hours per day with additional 4 hours paid as overtime.
04. Weekly Working Days: 6 days per week, paid holiday.
05. Weekly Rest Day: At least 1 day per week.
06. Rate of Overtime: As per labor laws of host country or minimum 1.50 times of basic salary per hour.
07. Accommodation: Free of cost bachelor accommodation must be provided by employer with electricity, water, gas and bedding.
08. Messing Facilities: Free food or 25% of basic pay to be paid in lieu of free food for unskilled, semi-skilled and skilled workers. This provision of free food is not applicable to U.A.E. and Bahrain.
09. Medical Facilities: Free, to be provided by the employer.
10. Transportation: Free transport is to be provided by the employer from residence to work place.
11. Passage: Economy class by air from place of hire to place of employment and back on expiry of contract. It is to be provided by the employer, if not included in the salary, which should be in addition to the minimum wages laid down.
12. Vacation leave: Vacation leave per year as per labor laws of the host country.
13. Illness leave per year: As per labor laws of the host country.
14. Social Security / Insurance: Employment to be covered at the cost of the employer according to the labor laws.
15. Dead Bodies: Dispatch of dead bodies or evacuation due to serious injury will be made to Pakistan at employer’s expense